Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Dealers


Aside from watching Gunpla reviews in YouTube, I also look forward in watching the I-got-a-new-package videos. I dunno, it's just fun to see people getting their new stuff, hyped-up in opening the package, discussing where it was ordered and their plans on the kits. Sometimes they would add some snippets of their lives telling how significant the kit to their lives; otherwise the other obvious reason is the kit was just released and they have to get it.


Well, I do tend to get wound up as well when I purchase a new kit, and who doesn't? My kits doesn't come in a box though but on a plastic bag, handed over by the attendant who's been patiently waiting for me to decide if I'm getting something or not (which happens most of the time).

That's my what's-in-the-bag moment there.

From where we were before, it took me awhile to geographically locate the stores that sell Gundam kits. Ordering online wasn’t an option for me. Good thing, we moved closer to the CBD and now I can just walk to the nearest hobby store, Hobby Point in Tiong Bahru (HP). This is where I do get most of my kits and stuff.

The other store is Hobby Art Gallery who has a shameless stack and rows of Gunpla kits. This is the “IT” store (with respect to HP) if you want your greedy hands on a Gunpla kit. I got my regular MG Destiny Gundam, Gundam Astray "Blue Frame", and MG Shin Musha Gundam Mk II from that store at the discount stack/display. Depending on the exchange rate of Singapore Dollar and Philippine Peso around that time, I think I got a very good deal on those kits. 

The other stores that I've already visited :
- There's M Workshop where I got my HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Destroy Mode) and MG Tri-Star Zaku. 
- Toys 'R' Us sometimes throws out some good deals for members, I got my MG Strike Gundam + IWSP  there for $60 only.
- Compass Point Mall in Sengkang has a wide range of selection and also OG - People's Park near Chinatown.
- Hobby Point's other branches.
- Comic Connection has some Gundam kits as well...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment